Sunday, March 6, 2011

PLEASE HELP ME!

OK Everyone, I have been really torn on some subject matters. Specifically what counts and doesn't count as "sugar". There are a few things that I just feel like HAVE to be sugar...

Please don't think I would ever spring new rules on anyone, I'm just curious for myself if i should cut that out. Remember that everyone is in charge of what they eat, no policing by us here at 100SFD's.

Evaporated cane juice!?


To eat, or not to eat.. THAT is the question!


Its everywhere I look! Things that I feel like should be on the "don't" list have this in there. I try to just avoid most things that are sweet. But this is a loophole that I could find myself spinning my tires in.

I mean... seriously, how can some of this stuff not be considered as sweets. Peanut Butter Cookie?! Mouth watering..

So please email, text, post a response, ANYTHING! I'm so torn!

Thanks for your help, T:)

3 comments:

  1. Sorry T-man I think thats a big no!
    From wikipedia...
    Evaporated cane juice is a loosely defined term which can include combinations of sugars including fructose, glucose and white sugar (sucrose). It is perceived to be less processed than white sugar, leading some to claim it is healthier.[1] However, nutritional benefits are minimal; evaporated cane juice can contain trace amounts of vitamins and minerals but has the same amount of calories as table sugar[2] and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration defines evaporated cane juice as any sweetener derived from sugar cane syrup,[3] and therefore it might be heavily processed. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration recommends that "evaporated cane juice" not be listed as an ingredient on food labels because it is not a commonly used name and does not meet the USDA definition of "juice".[3]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta agree with Daniel. Its a better form of refined sugar but its still refined. If there were 2 grams of evaporated cane juice in a Green Monster I'd let it slide. But if it has 'cookie' in the name, do you seriously have to ask? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't do the evap cane juice tyler. its bs. i concur with what has been said here-- thank you daniel for the crooosh info.
    agave nectar spikes your blood sugar pretty frikin fast as well.
    yeah hippie sugar (agave, brown rice sugar, etc.) is a little cooler than an old school dose of C&H, but your body & blood & mind can get tweaked from all of it. stay strong team. ask the tough questions! ;)

    ReplyDelete