Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Bitter Leftovers...

As I sit down at my desk covered in love and admiration from 140 students, mostly in the form of red-wrapped chocolates, lollipops, M&Ms, and (the ever so wonderful) nerds, I glance over to see the 100 day countdown my class placed on the board. 100 days? 100 days. Three of my 8th graders have decided to hop on for the hundred days sugar-free, mostly to try and beat me and I kindly remind them "remember the jump rope competition?!" So mostly as encouragement to myself (in hopes of holding out at least longer than an 8th grader) I want to remind myself it it not a year, not 5 months, but 100 days....100 days....

How are you encouraging yourself? Share with the group, you could save them (read, me) from that one Peanut M&M......


Also, can we have Champagne? The bubbles make me feel special....

W.


3 comments:

  1. I love that you have this posted on your board and that your students are in on the process. I know I would have loved it if one of my 8th grade teachers did this... Mrs. Roberts, Mr. Baily, Mr. O...

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is awesome!!! take a pic of the kids so we can put t on the blog with their names! you rock winters, i love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete