Monday, February 14, 2011

V Day *barf*

No, I really like holidays. All of them, any of them. I love a theme. I dress up for Presidents Day (Baberham Lincoln). But I woke up feeling super nauseated... was it the Cadbury bars for dinner last night?

I'm sooo silly. I didn't even feel like having sweets but I forced myself, like old school parents who make their kids smoke a pack of cigarettes when they catch them smoking, "get it out of your system!"

I'm really excited for tomorrow. My brother & his wife are in, too! I'm going to not have the things on the "allowed" list (except fruit) because this ain't my first sugar free rodeo. And the last time I went that route before I knew it I was downing spoonfuls of honey, carrying around one of those little glass Maple leaf bottles in my purse like a flask (I have family in Canada-- we've got the maple connect BIG time) & sipping it on the sly... the only one I was fooling was myself.

I'm better with extremes.

I'm also skipping the rage-a-mahol. Tastes so good when it hits my lips. I'm not the biggest booze fiend BUT 1) drunken munchies have led my people to many a disgrace, like hitting the T Bell at 4am for $.99 half pound burrito & a side of chemie churros. Mistakes are made at the highest levels 2) when you're hungover, you can't deny any craving because you have to go for anything that you think might help you get out of that hole. Not going to do it, wouldn't be prudent.

Okay, love you all! Hope your Valentine's Day is sweet, in all senses of the word, because the experiencing sweetness will soon be only in the abstract sense!

1 comment: