Saturday, February 26, 2011

EFF THE FLU!!


The Flu is a real bitch.  Last year The Flu tried to get all up in my shit and I had to get in a fist fight with it so the Flu knew its place.

This year is going to be different! If The Flu even gets mouthy, things are going to get real nasty at my house. I'm basically going to start doing enemas of Echinacea and chugging orange juice! YOU GOT NOTHIN ON ME DUDE!

Ash and I have been feeling under the weather, so Kenny has taken it easy on the shredding.  Yesterday was basically a super stretch day. We did foam rollers and ball rolling all over and around the hips, calves, quads, traps, and glutes. Then I went home and drank water till my bladder almost exploded.. not kidding!

So today we had an interesting warm up, and if a picture is worth 1000 words then a video is worth like.. a whole lot more! Do the following 5 times with a 6 pound ball, without dropping the ball! If you drop the ball it doesn't count! Or you can count it, and consider yourself a slacker.


DO NOT confuse this warm up for "BALL SWEAT"... We are warming up! Not doing "BALL SWEAT"!


Next its on to the treadmill!


Start at a 12% incline and do 10 rounds of the following -

30 second sprint at a speed of 8.5
60 seconds rest

This kind of sucks at such a high incline. I could have gone quite a bit faster, but remember.. I'm scheduled to beat the shit out of The Flu this week.

Do the following just once - Unless you feel like not listening to me and doing whatever you want.

Rest 3 minutes

Run 800 Meters at a speed of 10.5, no incline!

This was pretty tough, my shoes came untied at the beginning and I decided to push through and not be such a baby about shoe laces.  I felt great and set a PR!

"Dude, you are gonna totally beat the shit out of The Flu when you seem him!"



Kenny gave Ash a different workout, since she is feeling a little more sick than me and also rehab-ing a shoulder issue from a few weeks ago.


She did 3 rounds of the following:  1/2 mile run on the treadmill followed by a 500 meter row. After three rounds of this, she was actually feeling better.  Kenny's theory was right, sometimes you just need to get your blood pumping in order to flush out some of the junk in your system.  



No comments:

Post a Comment